EXPERIENCE THE DEVOPS DIFFERENCE: THE BIGGEST OBSTACLE TO DEVOPS SUCCESS IS PEOPLE
What is it
The DevOps simulation is an interactive face-to-face workshop which demonstrates the business value and positive impact of a DevOps approach. It helps accelerate the adoption of DevOps across the enterprise, while successfully turning DevOps opponents into advocates. By helping to clearly communicate the DevOps case for change, it creates shared understanding and commitment towards Development and Operations working together as a high-performing team. The simulation:
- Is an unforgettable experiential workshop that brings DevOps value to life
- Drives alignment and buy-in around a shared DevOps vision
- Engages people on the journey to DevOps future state
- Is high-impact and realistic, using game dynamics
- Suitable for all levels: leadership, operational and business
- Overcomes resistance and drives DevOps collaboration and culture
- Turns DevOps and change opponents into advocates
- Provides an impressive and engaging ‘WOW!’ experience
How it Works
The DevOps simulation experience is a one day, role based workshop, focused on the software development and deployment lifecycle. The simulation is highly realistic, and leverages game dynamics to empower cross-functional teams with a shared vision of successful DevOps practices.
Participants from a variety of disciplines (Business, Development, Test, QA and Operations) are immersed into a simulated environment whereby they are challenged to release new products whilst internal and external forces continually change. This realistic approach delivers a level of tension and excitement that creates an ‘A-HA!’ moment for all involved
ROUND 1 – CHAOS
Participants are quickly immersed into a real life complex application development scenario. Chaos ensues, with poor communication and a lack of collaboration resulting in poor business results, higher development costs, longer testing times and more. As a result, opportunities are lost and revenues are negatively impacted.
Following the first round, a review is facilitated to identify the issues and to discuss how a DevOps approach could drive improvement.
ROUND 2 – IMPROVED
Round 2 builds upon the learning outcomes from the previous round and introduces processes such as Service Virtualization, Minimum Viable Product iterations, Fail Faster and more. This drives maturity and empowers the teams towards automation, building a more collaborative culture, and ultimately improved business results.
ROUND 3 – OPTIMIZED
Building on the learning outcomes of Round 1 and 2, participants learn that instilling a DevOps culture is key to achieving operational excellence. Participants experience a pronounced shift in the reduction of development times and the number of errors each application had before reaching operations. Through collaboration, streamlining, automation and repeatable practices, participants realize improved ROI and optimized business results.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
The DevOps simulation is suitable for:
- Executive buy-in to DevOps initiatives
- Engaging Development Teams
- Engaging those involved in Service, Process & Integration roles
- Engaging Operations
- Engaging the wider business
- For tool and services vendors promoting DevOps solution
Email us for pricing information or request a demo!